Saturday, March 13, 2010

My car has slight body damage & faded paint which I can fix for $500.Is it worth to fix-as I plan to sell it ?

its a 1993 honda civic with 185K miles on it and runs good. Would I get significantly less money for it if I didn't fix it?My car has slight body damage %26amp; faded paint which I can fix for $500.Is it worth to fix-as I plan to sell it ?
I would say no, you would not likely get the money back that you pay for the paint job. $500 isn't much for the body work and in my opinion would not do anything for the price of this vehicle. If on the other hand it was not sale-able as it you would have to do it or throw it away.My car has slight body damage %26amp; faded paint which I can fix for $500.Is it worth to fix-as I plan to sell it ?
Sell it as is.
depending on what kind of body damage you have, you could try auto body supply co.and get the parts cheaper this could cut your cost on repairs.but at 185k I would have to search the market for going prices before putting a lot of money into it,or a new paint job.I would look around, make some calls to get an idea of your cost and what you can sell it for,it may or may not be worth your money or time to fix it up (research)
cut your losses man....sell it while its still running
I'd check the Blue Book value of the car first and then decide. If the value is pretty decent then investing in the $500 might be worth it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment