Saturday, March 13, 2010

I was wondering how much a body paint for my car would cost?

its a toyota yaris and i would like to paint it yellow, its near the size of a prius for those who dont knowI was wondering how much a body paint for my car would cost?
$1500 to $2000 for a good job. Cheap is $700 but you will not be happy with it.I was wondering how much a body paint for my car would cost?
Good automotive paint is not cheap. Depending on the color it is now, you probably don't want to paint yellow over it unless it's already yellow. This involves sanding all old paint off the body, and then applying a sealer and several coats of primer, followed by a base undercoat, then the base yellow, and finally finish with clear to preserve the luster.


Some paints cost over $100 a quart, so plan carefully, and get a good body shop to do the work. I have paid $1500 for a really slick paint job, but the car I painted was well worth the expense.
A good quality, color change paint job can run around 2500-3000.00 or so because all the visible parts of the car have to be painted such as door jambs, under hood and trunk, cowl, etc...


Some shops like Maaco or Scheib offer cheap paint jobs for 4-500.00 but their quality is usually pretty poor...runs, drips, sags, overspray, poor taping, single stage paint versus two-stage paint with clear-coat. They only make money by doing fast, volume work which is sometimes not the best quality...although they can do better jobs for more money. Best to get a few estimates from some good local shops that guarantee their work and have ASE certified personnel.





http://www.autobodyonline.com/






It depends on if its a custom yellow....prizmatique yellow...glossy yellow...normal yellow.... More details man....





Wild guess....about 500 Bucks....at least.....I sprayed my car white the other day....Bright White....with major body work and paint...it cost me $80,000 GYD....which is about 400 US Dollars....

No comments:

Post a Comment