Saturday, March 13, 2010

Can an auto body shop paint a piano?

I have touched up some dings and scratches on a baby grand piano and now it need to be painted. I don't want to spray it with aresol cans of paint and I'm thinking an auto body shop, with a spray booth could do a good job. Don't suggest I have it ';professionaly'; done. Piano restoration people want a fortune to do this, and I'm not a wealthy person, just a piano student.Can an auto body shop paint a piano?
Many will not but talk with the owner and maybe the shop will. Many piano have a lacquer finish which auto body shops won't touch. Good luckCan an auto body shop paint a piano?
Your best bet is to honestly just do it yourself. Even if a shop would do it, it would be an easy grand(no pun intended). Besides, whats a few cans of laquer and a drop cloth really cost? Don't forget your face mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment