Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can I use the touch-up spray paint for auto-body on auto wheels ?

I have a Dupli-Color black touch-up spray paint can. I want my wheels to be painted from silver to black. And I don't want to spend another $10 on wheel paint. Will it stick, shine ? Can I do it myself ?Can I use the touch-up spray paint for auto-body on auto wheels ?
Yes, you can. You will need about two cans of primer, a can of black paint(two if you have larger wheels), and a can of protective clear coat. You do the calculation on how much this gonna cost you.





First, you have to roughen up the silver shiny surface with sandpaper then apply auto primer. Apply black paint after the primer has completely dried. You need to clear coat the wheels to make it more shine and the paint will stick longer. Can I use the touch-up spray paint for auto-body on auto wheels ?
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment